By Kwasi Wiredu
- Offers a particular ancient therapy of African philosophy.
- Covers all of the major branches of philosophy as addressed within the African tradition.
- Includes debts of pre-colonial African philosophy and modern political thought.
Read Online or Download A Companion to African Philosophy (Blackwell Companions to Philosophy) PDF
Best religious & spiritual eastern philosophy books
Huang's publication analyzes the most important Neo-Confucian philosophers from the 11th to the 16th centuries. targeting metaphysical, epistemological, and moral philosophical matters, this examine provides the ancient improvement of the Neo-Confucian university, an outgrowth of historic Confucianism, and characterizes its proposal, historical past, and impact.
Here's a own tribute to "the father of contemporary yoga" Sri Tirumalai Krishnamacharya (1888-1989), written through considered one of his longtime disciples. Krishnamacharya used to be a well known Indian yoga grasp, Ayurvedic healer, and student who modernized yoga perform and whose students—including B. ok. S. Iyengar, okay.
Deals essays and dialogues by way of recognized Buddhist and Christian students on subject matters that have been of basic curiosity to Frederick J. Streng, in whose honour the quantity was once created. issues contain interreligious discussion, final fact, nature and ecology, social and political problems with liberation, and supreme transformation or liberation.
Even supposing Seibutsu no Sekai (The global of residing Things), the seminal 1941 paintings of Kinji Imanishi, had a huge effect in Japan, either on students and at the common public, little or no is understood approximately it within the English-speaking international. This publication makes the full textual content to be had in English for the 1st time and offers an in depth creation and notes to set the paintings in context.
- The Ultimate Star Trek and Philosophy: The Search for Socrates (The Blackwell Philosophy and Pop Culture Series)
- The Taoism Reader
- Schopenhauer's Encounter with Indian Thought: Representation and Will and Their Indian Parallels (Society for Asian and Comparative Philosophy Monographs)
- The Cambridge Companion to Philo (Cambridge Companions to Philosophy)
- American Buddhist Rebel: The Story of Rama - Dr. Frederick Lenz
- Jewish Philosophy as a Guide to Life: Rosenzweig, Buber, Levinas, Wittgenstein (The Helen and Martin Schwartz Lectures in Jewish Studies)
Extra resources for A Companion to African Philosophy (Blackwell Companions to Philosophy)